Stamp Duty On Agency Agreement

In India, stamp duty is imposed under the Indian Stamp Act, 1899 [1] (“Stamp Act”) and various laws passed by different states in India to collect stamp duty. Any instrument under which duties are created or transferred must be stamped under the specific stamp duty legislation. The Stamps Act does not contain any specific provisions specifically relating to electronic registrations and/or stamp duty payable when they are carried out. The Stamp Contracts Division will endeavour to process applications within 30 days of receiving them and will recommend that contracts be submitted to them no later than 60 days after the contract is concluded. However, penalties and interest would not run until 30 days after the 90-day period expired. However, if the agreements are clearly not concluded within 90 days, it is desirable that an application be submitted quickly. Instruments exported to Malaysia and subject to customs duties must be stamped within 30 days of the execution date. If the instruments are performed outside Malaysia, they must be stamped within 30 days of their first reception in Malaysia. The purpose of this provision is to prevent the use of stamp duty avoidance systems that apply the “rest on contract” technique, i.e. when the price is paid by the buyer, but the buyer does not take a transfer, but “relys on the contract” (the buyer usually pays for a transfer of shares to the company or to companies that have the simple right to take control of the property).

Stamp duty, equivalent to 90% of the transport right, due to the consideration provided in the document, must be paid in this act and the remainder of the 10% of the tax must be paid at the time of completion of the document. Stamp duty assessment and payment can be made electronically through the domestic income assessment and payment stamps (STAMPS) system. The penalty for delayed stamps varies depending on the delay period. The maximum fine is RM100 or 20% of the duty obligation, depending on the highest amount. 2) Introduction of Section 17 (1) (A) of the Indian Registration Act, which entered into transfer contracts for compensation for real estate under Section 53 (A) of the Property Transfer Act, including the mandatory transfer agreement. However, the obligation to pay stamp duty rests with one of the contracting parties to enter into an agreement between them. In the absence of such an agreement, the payroll tax must be directed to that person, which may be set under Section 29 of the Indian Stamp Act. Stamp duty is levied on instruments and not on transactions. If a transaction can be carried out without the creation of a transmission instrument, no tax is due.

Section 3 of the Stamp Act is the section that provides for the collection of stamp duty on certain instruments when it is executed. The corresponding provision in Section 3 is reproduced below: only one question, if we have carried out the documents electronically, may be re-exported at a later date when stamp duty is paid, since it was previously carried out electronically in accordance with IT ACT 2000; However, under the Stamps Act, stamp duty cannot be carried out before execution. RM3 for each RM1,000 or a fraction of it depending on the counterparty or value, depending on the highest value.

About the Author